5.11.2010

Situational Irony

You should have seen the look on his face. I somehow knew it was her just from that look. He had an excruciatingly difficult time being civil, and after nearly four years he remembered every detail of her face and stooped-over walk. In the end, he did hold his tongue until she was out the driveway. How could we have predicted that she would show up at our door after all this time wanting a Freecycle item from our home?

Now we would get to experience more little verbal nuggets from our special church friend. Hooray! Highlights from this afternoon's occurrence:

"Now how do I know you? Why do you look familiar to me..."
Conrad: "Church."
"Mmm, oh yes, that's it."

"Well don't just stand there like an idiot, move!"

"What a little pretty baby! You're still holding her?"
Me: Explains the enigma that is Miss Juliet--she just cries all day long when set down.
"Well, that's a BAD BABY! You are SPOILING her! Tsk, tsk."


***********************************************


On a different note, I am laughing at my former parent-of-two-children self from 2006. I use the cry room all the ding-dang time. And everyone else at church has learned to come to expect all sorts of distractions from our family by now. If she thought that was bad, she should see us these days.





1 comment:

  1. HOLY CRAPPIN STARS! I need to meet this woman of such wonderful wisdom. PLEASE SHOW ME HER... I AM DYING

    ReplyDelete