4.11.2010

Asian Sprout Salad

A while back I promised to post some recipes. Well, I kept thinking that it needed to wait until I could remember to photograph the end products, but you know what I've discovered? This is impossible. I have four kids home all day long, every day. By the time I get around to making supper/dinner/whateveryoucallit, there is no time or organization to take pictures.

Plus, there's really bad lighting in my house after 1 p.m. (this is the bane of my existence, quite honestly).

I just want to share some yummy things, most of which are really easy. This one's the absolute easiest of all.


Asian Sprout Salad

Lettuce (my preference for this salad is a butter and red leaf mix)
Chicken breast(s), cut up
Garlic
Ginger
Red pepper
Soy sauce
Hoisin or teriyaki sauce
Sprouts (I like broccoli sprouts best)
Grated carrots
Chow mein noodles


Marinate the chicken in the garlic, ginger, pepper, and sauces, then stir-fry. Or just stir-fry it all together. Mix the lettuce, sprouts, carrots, and noodles together. Top with the chicken. Sometimes I go ahead and toss the whole thing with some light asian dressing, but the husband does not prefer this.

Notice may be taken that I have no ingredient amounts listed. That's because I never use the same amount twice; I just throw in what looks right or what I have. Personal preference will dictate the amounts you use.

See? Easy. Not to mention super-cheap. I think next I'll share our other favorite salad, taco salad!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds scrumptious.

    I agree that taco salad is delicious, but honestly, if someone needs a recipe for taco salad, they likely cannot figure out how to turn on the computer in order to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete